Dr. Muhammad Feteiha, F.A.C.S.
Dr. Muhammad Feteiha is a leading bariatric surgeon in New Jersey. Since 2001, Dr. Feteiha has led the weight loss surgery team at Advanced Surgical Associates. He is the Director of Minimally Invasive Surgery and Chairman of the Surgical Care Review Committee at Overlook Medical Center in Summit, NJ. He has been named as one of Castle Connolly Top Doctors NY Metro Area and one of New Jersey’s Top Doctors for the last several years.
Dr. Feteiha is currently an investigator in a clinical trial evaluating bariatric surgery – gastric sleeve and gastric bypass – for lower BMI (30-35) patients.
Board certified Diplomate of the American Board of Surgery in General Surgery.
- Undergraduate: Lehigh University
- Medical School: Tufts University School of Medicine
- Residency: University Health Sciences Center, University of New Mexico
- Fellowships: New York Presbyterian Hospital, Columbia University
Areas of Concentration:
Named as one of Castle Connolly Top Doctors NY Metro Area and one of New Jersey’s Top Doctors for the last several years,
Dr. Feteiha has expertise in both general and minimally invasive weight loss surgery techniques and specializes in:
Bariatric Surgery for Morbid Obesity:
- American Medical Association
- Fellow American College of Surgeons
- Society of Laparoendoscopic Surgeons
- Society of American Gastrointestinal Endoscopic Surgeons
- Candidate; American College of Surgeons (Aug. 1999 – Oct. 2004)