When To Call Your Surgeon
Once you leave the hospital, you are the first line of defense against any complications or infections. As such, we ask that you contact us if you experience any of the following:
- Your incision opens up (cover it with a clean dressing or cloth)
- Your incision becomes swollen, stays red or smells bad
- You have increasing pain and soreness
- Your temperature is above 100° F
- Excessive nausea and or vomiting, and you can’t keep down liquids
If you believe you are having a medical emergency, please do not delay in dialing 911.
It is important that you are comfortable in your recovery and we encourage you to call our office if you are feeling anything out of the ordinary. Please refer to your post-operative packet to understand what to expect after your procedure.