Maintaining Weight Loss Surgery Results
You’ve made a life-changing choice – to undergo weight loss surgery; and now you are seeing results that have greatly improved your quality of life. Your weight is dropping and obesity related diseases are improving. Well Done!
Once you have lost your weight, it is time to not only continue working hard, but stepping it up. It’s the time to work even harder to maintain those great results. While this is often easier said than done here are some tips on how can you do that:
– Always follow doctor’s instructions – that’s the most important component. Your surgeon has developed a program just for you that strikes the balance between health and weight loss.
– Keep moving and have fun! Exercise is a key to maintaining your weight loss. Making exercise interesting by joining a sports league can keep you even more active.
– Keep track of your caloric intake. A bite here or a nibble there adds up quickly. Keep a food journal and be honest with yourself. If you don’t feel comfortable writing it down, then you probably shouldn’t eat it.
– Work with our dietitian and make a plan that works. Spending some time planning for the future can work wonders for your long term weight loss.
– Work with friends and those at support groups to supplement your knowledge and come up with creative ways to eat healthy.
Weight loss after bariatric surgery is a marathon – and one that you can run with dedication and motivation. A large part of that race is maintenance. If you gain a pound or two back, don’t panic and don’t beat yourself up. Just remember: each day is a new opportunity to do great things with your health.Back To All Posts