The Benefits of Gastric Bypass
Gastric bypass is widely considered the gold standard in bariatric surgery because of its exceptional results and patient safety. Because of the gastric bypass’ unique restrictive and malabsorptive characteristics, patients who undergo the procedure tend to lose more weight, more quickly that other bariatric procedure. Some of the key benefits include:
- Type-2 diabetes is helped or resolved in the vast majority of patients.
- High cholesterol is eliminated in almost all patients.
- High blood pressure is resolved in a significant majority of patients.
- Sleep apnea is improved in most patients.
- The procedure can be performed laparoscopically so it is safer and less invasive than ever before.
- Patients can lose up to 77% of excess body weight making it one of the most effective surgical weight loss tools.
- Fastest weight loss results of any bariatric surgical procedure.